Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Cozumel Cruise



We, Craig, Candy, Carrie and Tyler just went on a four day cruise to Cozumel. It was very fun.


We left Houston at Noon on Thursday arrived at the boat and got settled. Carrie joined us about an hour later as she had to work in the morning. The boat probably left Galveston around 5 pm.


We headed to the lunch buffet and then got settled into our rooms.


What can you say about cruises, FOOD,FOOD and more FOOD. There are the Buffets for Breakfast, lunch and dinner or you can choose to eat in the Dining room and be served.


Everyday we ate Breakfast and lunch in the Buffets and then dinner in the Dining room until the last day where we took all our meals in the dining room.


So many delicious choices on the menu. We started with our shrimp cocktail, salad, bread, soup and then entree and dessert. The first night for dessert I picked out the warm melting chocolate cake with icecream, our waitress whispered to me that I might want to choose something else since this item was on the menu everynight, I looked over the other choices and said No, I'll just have that. The 2nd and 3rd night nothing even looked appealing to me except this delicious dish.


Our waitress rolled her eyes when I once again picked this dessert. For those who know me well, a hot fudge sundae would always hit the spot and this was very close, under the top crust of the cake was warm hot fudge. On the last day there, she presented me with the recipe for this dish, although it serves 1000, calls for 700 eggs. So I put it into my recipe program at home and changed serving size to 10. Jamie found me some ramekin dishes and I plan to fix this for our Easter Dinner dessert. If all turns out well , I will post pictures and recipe.


We dressed up in our fine dress for formal night, that was fun. I can hardly remember the last time we dressed up. Craig got out his Tux for the trip and it had a few little moth holes in it, but no one even noticed. We will have to get that replaced.


We did a lot of fun things on the boat and enjoyed the evening shows with singing and dancing and comedians.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Did you all just LOVE it? A cruise is the only way to go! reading your posts brings back all our wodnerful memorise of Alaska. Glad you had a nice time. You all look so nice in the formal pic. I want that recipe also! it sounds wonderful.

Unknown said...

That just seems like a great short trip - it sounded great and so were the pictures - too bad the ship can't let passengers remain in town a few more hours. You all look fabulous in your evening attair.