Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008










The Parade is first event of the morning. All the family went except me. I like to finish getting everything ready and setting the table and such with no helpers. This year I had the New York parade on one TV and the Houston parade on the other TV, while I hooked up my handsfree headset to the phone and called all my siblings while getting everything ready.




After the parade it is back to the house for everyone and final preparations for the meal. This year we had Amber, Dan and Megan, Baba,(Craig's Mom), Blake family, Dodie, Natalie, Katie and Steven, Lisa Hobleman and the Pace family, Hoyt, Mikala and Oscar.
This year our menu was Turkey, dressing, gravy, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, fruit bowl, veggie trays, rolls, and cranberry bread. Dessert was an assortment of pies and icecream. It was all so yummy.
After eating we played games, croquet, bocce ball, and wits and wagers. Then about 6:30 pm we were off to see the fireworks and the Christmas lighting of Galleria area. A busy fun day and it was warm we didn't even need sweaters for the fireworks.

1 comment:

Dominic said...

I love reading about people playing my game on Thanksgiving. How did it go?!!

Cheers,
Dominic
Designer of Wits & Wagers
www.NorthStarGames.com